Are you looking for something to keep your mind busy but don’t want to over-commit?
Do you like connecting with others but haven’t quite found the right activity for you?
Would you like some structure or routine in your life,whereby a small weekly commitment or monthly deadline would be a welcome anchor?
Then we have something for you.
We have divided most of our volunteer positions into bite-sized tasks so that you can enjoy them and feel part of our community.
We will pair you up with someone from the Club in the beginning to get you started and give you the support you need.
3 to 4 hours per week (non-Committee position)
You enjoy making sure that the Clubhouse is in perfect condition. You keep an eye out for improvements and work closely with the Deputy Director and the Welcome Desk Coordinator.
Presents proposals, deals with maintenance contracts (gardening, cleaning, heating, etc.) and the Club’s insurance policies. Oversees work to be done.
Deals with the rental and use of Clubhouse by outside parties and provides information concerning equipment and its use.
Liaises with Clubhouse Deputy Director concerning health and safety aspects and liaises with Welcome Desk Coordinator regarding staffing.
Qualifications: likes to organise, manage projects, liaise with outside parties; comfortable with email communication; speaks French
3-4 days per month (Committee position)
You are good at managing projects, enjoy getting a team together for events, and like to look for new ideas to add to our current agenda. This is a key position, as most of our members join the Club because of the wide variety of events on offer.
Ensures that the right resources (people, money) are in place per event
Seeks out new events to add to our calendar
Provides input to BWC Weekly News Team
Qualifications: you enjoy working on projects, you love to organise, you are a team player and like to inspire people to get together and accomplish something.
0.5 – 1 day month (non-Committee position)
You like to be organised, you like detail and you like to make sure that members get easy access to a wide range of weekly classes and workshops. You will be working closely with the BWC Weekly News Team.
Be the main contact for activity leaders
Seek out new activities/leaders
Liaises with Marketing Team to promote certain activities
Qualifications: loves to be involved with other people, likes to organise
Social Media Marketeer
2 hours per week (non-Committee position)
You like to work online and at your own pace. You understand the importance of ‘getting the word out’ and making sure as many women (members and non-members) can enjoy our events and activities. You are part of the Marketing Team.
Promote specific events and activities on social media
Write promotional copy
Qualifications: interest in marketing and promoting events
3 days per quarter (non-Committee position)
If you love to travel and organise trips, then this is your dream job. Every year, we offer four full-day excursions less than a two-hour coach ride from the Clubhouse.
Seek out ideas for one-day excursions and finalise budget and dates with BWC Committee
Liaise with coach company, tour guides and venues, as necessary
Write Passport articles to promote excursion (two months and one month before excursion)
Update attendee list, check payments with Treasurer and chase late payments
Qualifications: you enjoy traveling, organising, seeking out ideas for excursions, and ensuring a wonderful day out for members four times per year.
Not convinced yet?
Here are six more reasons why volunteering is good for you
- Purpose: Finding a purpose and feeling useful to society or a community can be very satisfying. You become part of a project where your contribution produces improvements and generates results.
- Socialising: You will expand your social network in this unique international setting. It is an opportunity to meet interesting and diverse women who otherwise may never show up on your radar.
- Test your skills: You can apply your knowledge and skills in a new context, setting your own goals and evaluating your achievements.
- Learning: Being part of something new will expand your views and provide useful learning.
- Improve self-esteem: Nothing can boost your confidence more than being part of something bigger than yourself. It’s a fast track to feeling better about yourself.
- Be healthier: Scientific studies have shown that volunteering improves your physical and mental health, improves cholesterol levels and cardiovascular health – so start now!