NEW AND IMPROVED ACTIVITIES CALENDAR
We are super proud to announce that you now have a much easier way to find and register for BWC activities and events.
- Firstly, you now have one calendar for activities and events (instead of two separate calendars).
- Secondly, you can now see a monthly view of everything that is happening (instead of needing to click on individual calendar dates).
- Thirdly, you can now search by activity/event using our colour coding. For example, all art activities/events are in red. (We still need to finalise all colour coding so please bear with us while we work on this over the summer months!)
- Fourthly, you can now print the calendar whenever you like, and be sure that it is fully up-to-date. And as always, we will have a printed calendar available at the Clubhouse Welcome Desk at all times.
There are two ways to access — and print — the monthly calendar:
- In the public site, click on the Activities tab (top menu) or scroll down the Home Page to click on the pink button ‘See Full Calendar‘. Once on the Activities Page (link here), click on the pink button ‘Printer Friendly‘ and presto!
- In MyBWC, click on the Activities tab, click on the pink button ‘Printer Friendly‘ and presto!
A huge thanks to our Website Director Carmel D and Website Developer Marcio V who spent several months of hard work to make this happen!
SUMMER IS HERE AT LAST
As you can see from our cover picture, we had a full house with members, spouses and friends enjoying cool drinks, delicious food and good company after a hiatus of two years. Thanks again to all who made this event a success! Our star photographer Eileen C was at the scene; check out our photo album here.
CLUBHOUSE HOURS DURING JULY AND AUGUST
Just a reminder that in July and the first two weeks of August, the Clubhouse will be open only on Wednesdays (with one exception: a full-day Jewellery Workshop on Tuesday 5 July). On Wednesdays, the Welcome Desk will be staffed and your indefatigable cooks will be serving lunch! Regular Wednesday activities, such as Social Bridge and Scrabble will continue as far as possible.
The Clubhouse will be closed completely from Monday 15 August until Friday 2 September since the flat roof over the main room will be replaced.
Enjoy this month’s issue!
PS: Please send your articles and/or photos to Passport Editor Sheila E at email@example.com before Tuesday 23 August.
Dates for your Diary
Below is only a sample of what’s on offer! Check your BWC Weekly News for details
FRENCH PASTRY WORKSHOP
Thursday 17 February at 13:00 or 18:00
How would you like to make your own Chocolate or Raspberry Charlotte? We will make everything from scratch: the mousse and the biscuits. More info
WELCOME BACK COCKTAIL PARTY
Friday 18 February 18:30 – 20:30
Come and celebrate the re-opening of our Clubhouse! Enjoy meeting up with BWC members and guests. Fee includes open bar and finger food. More info
RESHAPING YOUR IDENTITY WORKSHOP
Friday 25 February 10-30 – 12:00
Are you recently retired or an expat spouse, looking to find fulfilment in your ‘new life’ but don’t know where to begin?Join Tanya for tips and tools during this fun and practical workshop. More info
Malala Youzafzai: An Exceptional Story
Although Malala is well known as the youngest ever Nobel Prize winner, people may have forgotten the details of her early life. Sheila E tells more. Read more
(credit: European Parliament)
Some Positive News
We are so used to reading negative and even misleading news, that Kathy W decided to share an article full of positive news. (Please note that only some of these items have been able to be independently fact checked.) Read more
Reshaping Your Identity
What does ‘identity’ really mean, and why is it important? Find out during this interview with Tanya A, who will be facilitating a workshop on the topic on Friday 25 February. Read more
Do you like to socialise? Then make sure to sign up for a slot at the Welcome Desk this month and team up with another member. It’s double the fun! No experience required. View Rota under MyBWC/Club documents